Sunday, June 17, 2007

are you afraid of ghosts?

I lay in bed, in the stillness of the night I stare at the ceiling like I've always done a million and twenty five thousand times before, I notice the sound that the blades of the fan makes as it rotates cycle after cycle endlessly, if you stare at it long enough the blades seem to defy psychics and slows down, and for that short moment you feel like a child again, fascinated by something new and foreign that you can't seem to understand, so you unknowingly smiles alone in your room with playful dancing shadows of spinning blades for company

Slowly but surely little voices emerges from the back of my head, then a surging mix of images and words floods the cool night air, I close my eyes to try push it back, it doesn't seem to help much though, with eyes closed I can still clearly see darting images , but nothing clear, nothing static, it's like watching a movie with a broken projector that is always out of focus and there is a different scene on every panel of the film, but every darting image is alarmingly familiar, so I'm sent tumbling through a turbulence of emotions, at this point I've lost awareness to my state of consciousness.

Then through the voices in my head I heard a scratching sound at my door, then all at once my thoughts left me. I contemplated opening my eyes, then I did, I notice the soft glow coming from my window, then the silence of the night hits me, it's so quiet, I listen to the sound of rustling papers on the floor,the low humming of my laptop on the table, the tappings of dripping water, maybe from an old rusted air con outside, then the sound of tires running against asphalt at a distance approaching, a bright light shines through my window, i watched as it traveled from one to the other end of my room, and then it's gone as abruptly as it came. Then it came to me that I've been able to explain all the sounds i herd but for the first one. Who or what was scratching at my door? I regretted asking that question the moment I did, as my heart rate escalated.

I can hear my heart beating in my ears, i draw in the night air in effort to slow it down, to no avail my imagination took over and manifested on itself, i begin to wonder, what if? What if there is some one on the other side of my window, maybe a little girl that never stops smiling, never, and the only thing between me and her is a pane of glass and a plain sheet of cloth.Then i started to play a game of 10 questions with myself.

But, I don't believe in ghosts.
Since when? You used to be terrified of them back then, so much so you leave the lights on when you sleep.
Since the day i convinced myself they can't exist.
How can you be sure?
Hmm, I'm not.
Doesn't it scare you to know that you might be wrong?
Now that you've mentioned, no I can't say that it does.
Why not?
I can't say, I find it hard to believe in things i can't see and can't be proven.
You can't see air, but you know it's there, you can't see love but you know it exist?
Okay, getting carried away here won't you agree?
Hey, i ask the questions plus you cant answer a question with another question,on top of that did you realize you just asked yourself for an agreement?

I think I'm losing my mind.






How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget you don't expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes initialized
And folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You can't expect a bit of hope
So while you're outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what you're staring at is me

'Cause I'm looking at you through the glass
Don't know how much time has passed
All I know is that it feels like forever
but No one ever tells you that forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head
-words by Stone Sour

No comments: